google.com, pub-8423681730090065, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0


Ranger's Album: Lt Col Ivan Lee Synn Leng of 8th Paras Rangers
Photobucket
Death or Glory
 
Photos of Yester Years
Photobucket
Come One Come All
Place Your
Pictures Here
Share Your Memories
Whatever Your
Unit Or Country
XXXXXX
Photobucket



No Atheists
In A Foxhole
“When you're left wounded on

Afganistan's plains and

the women come out to cut up what remains,

Just roll to your rifle

and blow out your brains,

And go to your God like a soldier”

“We are not retreating. We are advancing in another direction.”

“It is fatal to enter any war without the will to win it.”

“Old soldiers never die; they just fade away.

“The soldier, above all other people, prays for peace,

for he must suffer and be the deepest wounds and scars of war.”

“May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't .”
“The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.

“Nobody ever defended anything successfully, there is only attack and attack and attack some more.

“Fixed fortifications are a monument to the stupidity of man."
“It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died.
Rather we should thank God that such men lived.

The Soldier stood and faced God


Which must always come to pass

Photobucket
He hoped his shoes were shining

Just as bright as his brass

"Step forward you Soldier,

How shall I deal with you?


Have you always turned the other cheek?


To My Church have you been true?"


"No, Lord, I guess I ain't


Because those of us who carry guns


Can't always be a saint."

I've had to work on Sundays

And at times my talk was tough,

And sometimes I've been violent,

Because the world is awfully rough.

But, I never took a penny

That wasn't mine to keep.

Though I worked a lot of overtime

When the bills got just too steep,

The Soldier squared his shoulders and said

And I never passed a cry for help

Though at times I shook with fear,

And sometimes, God forgive me,

I've wept unmanly tears.

I know I don't deserve a place

Among the people here.

They never wanted me around


Except to calm their fears.


If you've a place for me here,


Lord, It needn't be so grand,


I never expected or had too much,


But if you don't, I'll understand."

There was silence all around the throne

Where the saints had often trod

As the Soldier waited quietly,

For the judgment of his God.

"Step forward now, you Soldier,

You've borne your burden well.

Walk peacefully on Heaven's streets,

You've done your time in Hell."

Photobucket






Photobucket




Photobucket





Photobucket



Photobucket
Photobucket





Photobucket
Photobucket


Photobucket



Photobucket






Photobucket
td>
Photobucket
Photobucket
Lt Col Ivan Lee Synn Leng of 8th Paras Rangers
Friday, March 30, 2018




















posted by Major D Swami (Retired) @ 3:52 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
ARCHIVES


Previous Post
Links
Links To Rangers
Brothers
Photobucket

Link
Link


Brothers
Photobucket
Brothers
Photobucket
Mech
Photobucket
Brothers
World
Photobucket
Brothers
Photobucket
Advertistment
Advertistment
XXXXXXXX
Advertistment
XXXXXXXX
Advertistment
XXXXXXXX
Advertistment
XXXXXXXX
Advertistment
XXXXXXXX
Advertistment
XXXXXXXX
Advertistment
XXXXXXXX
Advertistment
XXXXXXXX
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© Modified on the 12th January 2008 By Ranger's Album .Template by Isnaini Dot Com
google.com, pub-8423681730090065, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 <bgsound src="">